BUT! It's almost June, you guys, and high time to get back in the proverbial saddle! Here's the game.
GrammatiCats needs new topics! And I want to know what YOU want to know. Do you lie awake at night, agonizing over when to use "that" versus "which"? Are you wracked with guilt every time you end a sentence with a preposition? Would your life be utterly complete if only you knew when to use a comma before "if"?
Well, suffer no longer! Comment on this entry with a grammar/style issue you would like to see covered here, and you could win a copy of June Casagrande's hilarious how-to: It Was the Best of Sentences, It Was the Worst of Sentences: A Writer's Guide to Crafting Killer Sentences.
Here are the rules:
1. One entry per person. (You can suggest as many topics as you like, but your name will only go in the hat once.)
2. Contest ends at midnight (Central Standard Time) on Tuesday, June 4th.
3. The winner will be drawn on Wednesday, June 5th, via random.org, and announced here.
4. The winner will have 72 hours from announcement to e-mail tex at thetexfiles.com with a valid mailing address. If the winner doesn't claim the prize, I'll draw and announce a new winner, as in #3 above.
5. International entries are welcome - if Amazon ships to you, you can enter!
6. By entering, you certify that you're at least 18 years old, and that sweepstakes are legal in your jurisdiction.
But that is not all, said the Cat in the Hat - no, that is not all! Even if you don't win the book, you can still get a bona-fide shout-out. Please include the URL of your blog or social media account in your comment if you'd like me to link back to you. If I use your suggestion for a future GrammatiCats post, I'll make sure you get the credit!
And as always, cat pics are always welcome: see the GrammatiCats FAQ to find out how your favorite furry friend can be
(Speaking of which: many thanks to today's quasi-GrammatiCat, Éowyn, and her pet human, Dani F.!)
This sentence rocks.